Recipe by Brenda Morris
If you love strawberries and cheesecake, this is the ULTIMATE recipe for you. I have been making this for years, and it is ALWAYS requested at get-togethers. It comes from A TASTE OF THE COUNTRY cookbook.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 angel food cake (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar; add sour cream, vanilla and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a small, deep bowl, whip the cream, vanilla and sugar. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add cake pieces; set aside.
- Combine strawberries, sugar and almond extract. Layer together in large glass bowl, starting with strawberries, then adding cake mixture. Continue layering; finish with strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap; chill well. Yield: 24 servings.