Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is oh so good!! It's a great combination of my 2 favorites, strawberries and cream cheese. It makes a light and airy dessert..pretty too! It's also easy and quick to prepare. I found the recipe in the Taste of Home Holiday Recipe collection for Holiday 2004. If you like you can use whatever fruit pie filling you prefer. Prep and cooking times are estimated. Although it must be chilled at least 2 hours.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans strawberry pie filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream; mix well.
- In a small bowl beat together the milk and the pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Stir into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Toss the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- In a 2-1/2 quart trifle bowl, layer half of the cream cheese mixture, half of the crumbs and 1 can of pie filling.
- Repeat the layers.
- Chill until serving time.