Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious light torte.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageone-step angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with ungreased parchment paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Sprinkle sugar over a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately invert cake onto baking sheet. Gently peel off parchment paper; cool completely.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in jam until melted. With a fork, poke cake at 1/2-in. intervals. Brush with gelatin mixture; chill for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and lemon juice. Add whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk well. Reserve 1 cup. Place remaining pudding mixture in a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Trim edges of cake. Cut widthwise into three equal rectangles; place one on serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup reserved pudding mixture in center. Pipe pudding mixture around top edge of cake. Repeat with second cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Pipe pudding mixture along top edges. Fill center with fruit. Sprinkle with lemon peel. Store in refrigerator.
I made the #161503 Strawberry Cheesecake Torte it was wonderful. I picked it because most of the ingredients were low fat, but you could not tell the difference and it was delicious my husband loved it.
My husband's favorite since I was a Pampered Chef consultant many moons ago. I use pound cake mix instead of angel food. I also use regular jello and coolwhip instead of the diet kinds. Cheescake pudding really makes a difference too.
This is excellent! I've made it a few times now, and I've used various flavor combinations...blueberry for a boy baby shower, the standard strawberry, and raspberry. I'll be making it with lemon jello and lemon curd for the holiday weekend this time.