Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, impressive looking little tarts! You can use any type of berry you want, just make sure you use the same type of preserves as berries. Adapted from Oregon Strawberry Recipes.
- 340.19 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml fresh sliced strawberry
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 12 packaged prepared graham cracker tart shells (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 158.51 ml strawberry preserves
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and lemon peel in small bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly into tart shells.
- Top with sliced strawberries, pressing into cream cheese mixture slightly.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours.
- Before serving, spread the strawberry preserves evenly over the filling.
- *Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate over top!
I don't think 5 stars are enough. Aside from using light cream cheese and sour cream like others, I also used Splenda. I was out of lemon zest so I used a teaspoon of lime juice for the citrus. These were amazing. I also used red raspberries and black berries to make mine. Topped with light whipped cream they were quickly devoured. This is my new favorite dessert. Much healthier than most desserts I eat. And so quick to make!!! Thank you so much Leslie for posting the recipe. A definite keeper for me!
These were really quick and easy to make! The filling, for me, had a slight tart taste even with the sugar, so I added a teaspoon of vanilla and that made it perfect for me. I made ours with fresh blueberries, and kept some plain. Nice and refreshing for a hot summer day. Thanks for posting, this is a definite go-to recipe for a nice little dessert in a hurry. Thanks for posting ~Leslie~, made for Diabetic Tailgate Party in the Diabetic Forum, September 2010!
These are so good! I quartered the recipe, which should have been enough for 3 tarts; I split the filling that way, but they weren't very full (I used Keebler mini graham shells which are about 3" across). Next time I would use a quarter recipe for two tarts, not three. I used a little more fruit so the shells were fuller since there was less cheese filling. Otherwise, these were really awesome and had great flavor. I did have to use blueberries (and blueberry preserves) instead of strawberries but otherwise made no changes. Thanks for sharing!