Recipe by Lauren4372
I took this from Kraft, the cooking time is chilling. Works well for potluck or picnic, if you can keep it cold.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 40)
- 1⁄2 cup shedded coconut
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the crumbs, coconut and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Line side of pan with 4-inch-wide strip parchment or waxed paper.
- Reserve 8 berries for garnish; cut remaining berries into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Stand enough of the largest berry slices to form single layer around edge of lined pan; gently place bottoms of berry slices against side of pan.
- Mash remaining sliced berries.
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in saucepan; let stand 5 minute to soften.
- Cook on low heat until gelatine is dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and juices in medium bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Fold in mashed berries; mix well.
- Gradually beat in gelatine.
- Refrigerate 5 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in 1 cup whipped topping; pour into prepared pan.
- Refridgerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove rim of pan; discard parchment paper.
- Cut reserved 8 strawberries in half.
- Spread remaining whipped topping around edge of cake and top with strawberry halves.