Recipe by Chef Dugg
A lady that waitressed in a diner I worked at years ago gave me this recipe. Its much better than IHops.
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- additional powdered sugar or maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ricotta cheese,sugar,and vanilla.
- Mix well and spread 2 tablespoons of mixture on 8 slices of texas toast.
- Cover with remaining slice of bread.
- In a bowl mix eggs and milk and soak sandwiches for 30 seconds per side.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden .
- Top with strawberries and sprinkle powdered sugar or syrup.