Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lady that waitressed in a diner I worked at years ago gave me this recipe. Its much better than IHops.
- Combine ricotta cheese,sugar,and vanilla.
- Mix well and spread 2 tablespoons of mixture on 8 slices of texas toast.
- Cover with remaining slice of bread.
- In a bowl mix eggs and milk and soak sandwiches for 30 seconds per side.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden .
- Top with strawberries and sprinkle powdered sugar or syrup.
We did like this, but just didnt care for the cheese filling. Still, an easy and quick breakfast! I may try again using softened cream cheese instead of the ricotta.
I made a few improvements to this recipe since my husband didn't think the filling was sweet enough and I like fresh instead of frozen strawberries. Instead of the ricotta cheese I use about 10 oz cream cheese and 5 oz cottage cheese and a couple extra TBSPs of sugar. I also use 2 cups fresh strawberries and chop them up and mix them with a Tbsp of lemon juice and 1/3 cup of sugar in place of the frozen sweetened strawberries. Then it is no doubt a five star recipe!
These were very good! Very easy to make, and a nice change of pace for breakfast .My husbank loved them.