Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the Kraft Food Site, these are so yummy! You could try this with other fruits too. Cook time is chill time.
- 32 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 3 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 8 strawberries, halved
- Mix the wafer crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl with fork. Press firmly onto bottom of a foil-lined 8" square pan. Carefully spread jam over the crust.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; spoon over crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Cut into 16 squares. Top each square with strawberry half. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Oh my, this is excellent and as you have suggested I can't wait to try this with other fruits. Thanks for posting this winner. :)