Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is like a homemade cheesecake on a large sugar cookie! This is so good. Made it last night and just had to share the recipe. I'm pretty sure I got this out of a Taste Of Home cookbook. I did add a little jelly to the cream cheese mixture because I don't really like cream cheese and it was so good that way. The time does not include cooling.
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1. Cream together margarine and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat for two minutes. Beat in egg and extracts.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder and salkt. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then, on a floured surface, roll doll into a 13-in circle.
- 4. Transfer to pizza pan (the recipe says ungreased but I used Pam).
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- 6. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Slice two cups of the strawberries and arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- 7. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (It wouldn't boil for me, I just cooked it for about 5 minutes until it was nice and thick). Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries.
- 8. Refrigerate until serving.