Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Lovely pink color and super berry flavor. 6 hour chill time.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- Add the cold water to a small bowl; sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand so gelatin can dissolve.
- In the container of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, strawberries, sugar, and vanilla; process until mixture is smooth.
- Add 1 inch of water in a small saucepan; bring water to a bare simmer.
- Place the bowl with the gelatin on top of the simmering water and heat, whisking constantly, just until the gelatin melts (30 secons-1 minute).
- With the food proessor running, pour the gelatin mixture through the feed chute into the strawberry mixture; process to create a smooth puree.
- Transfer filling to the prepared pie shell.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours (up to 1 day) until the filling is completely set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and fresh berries if desired.