Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can substitute your favorite fresh fruit, such as peaches or raspberries.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups angel food cake, cubes
- 2 whole fresh strawberries, halved
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries and sugar; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar. Add the sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In two parfait glasses, layer a fourth of the sliced strawberry mixture, cake cubes and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each parfait with two strawberry halves.
So gooooood and soooo easy too. We loved this version of strawberry shortcake. I had a bunch of fresh strawberries which really put this recipe over the top.