Recipe by looneytunesfan
You can substitute your favorite fresh fruit, such as peaches or raspberries.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
So gooooood and soooo easy too. We loved this version of strawberry shortcake. I had a bunch of fresh strawberries which really put this recipe over the top.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups angel food cake, cubes
- 2 whole fresh strawberries, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries and sugar; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar. Add the sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In two parfait glasses, layer a fourth of the sliced strawberry mixture, cake cubes and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each parfait with two strawberry halves.