Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was found on the web when I was searching for muffin recipes. Hope you enjoy these!
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons pecans, fine chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Blend cream cheese with icing sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar; beat in egg and orange rind.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, stirring until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into large greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling halfway to top. Add 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture and 1 tsp of jam to each; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove immediately from tins.