Recipe by Redsie
These are delicious mini strawberry cheesecakes! A friend gave me this recipe and as I love muffins, cheesecakes... and strawberries - just had to try it! I didn't have any fresh lemons so I used lemon extract - can't wait to make them again!
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, brown sugar, margarine or butter, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon half of batter into muffin cups. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon jam. Spoon remaining muffin batter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and cool on rack. Store in airtight container.