Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
The name says it all for these wonderful muffins.
Top Review by Chickadeedoodah
Delicious! I didn't have powdered sugar so subbed baker's sugar and they still came out great! I made a double batch so that I could have plenty of muffins for those of my kids who don't want cream cheese ANYTHING, and both versions are yummy.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and icing sugar; beat till smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- in another bowl combine egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, lemon zest, almond extract. Add to flour mixture, stir just till moist.
- Spoon batter into tins, fill 1/4 full. Add 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture and 1 tbsp jam. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 20 minutes till light brown.