Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Layers of of graham crackers, mascarpone cheese, and fresh strawberries topped with jello and whipped cream. This no bake dessert looks as good as it tastes. Created for RSC #12.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
this was good - not sure if I'd spend the money on the mascarpone cheese for this again - probably sub in cream cheese instead, I have a feeling it would taste just as good. I also used frozen strawberries instead of fresh...and chocolate graham cracker for the bottom layer. great combo :-)
- 1 cup graham cracker, finely crushed
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (no sugar added)
- 1 lb strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whipped cream (sweetened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of an 8" round trifle.
- dish or glass bowl.
- In another bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and jam.
- Gently spread cheese mixture on top of graham cracker layer (it will be a thin layer).
- Mix strawberries with 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Spread strawberries on top of cheese layer.
- Pour jello mix and water in a small saucepan, heat to a full boil (stirring as needed).
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour jello over the strawberry layer (I put a metal spoon in the bowl just to make sure it wasn't too hot for the glass).
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream.