Recipe by 2Bleu
I adapted this recipe from Chef #34146's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (For Electric Ice Cream Machine) (with permission) making it lower in fat, carbs, and calories. Her recipe is so divine and I found myself making it so much that I just had to do something so we could enjoy it without the guilt. Dee has expressed appreciation for us posting this, and said she also makes it this way sometimes. :)
Top Review by stampwithc
very good! definitely has cheesecake flavor from the cream cheese. last time, i doubled the recipe, and instead of using 2 8 oz packs of cream cheese, i used 1 pack of cream cheese and 8 oz plain greek lowfat yogurt. i also used about 2 cups of strawberries cut up, one cup blended in the base and 1 cup added at the end of churning. i think next time i will try adding some vanilla, but overall, delicious results!
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese (or 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients (except 4 strawberries) into a blender and mix well. Pour into ice cream machine and allow to churn for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining strawberries into small pieces. Add to machine and continue churning for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve as soft-serve or place into a plastic container, cover and freeze for later (if it lasts that long). :).