4 hrs 50 mins
Kay Demonbren's Note:
From the June/ July 2008 issue of Taste of Home magazine. This is a rich, decadent, amazing ice cream. I like to make a graham cracker "crust", bake it, and sprinkle over the top of the ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, heat the half and half to 175F; stir in the sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs.
- 2Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 3Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- 4Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel until blended. Gradually beat in the custard mixture. Stir in strawberries. I have a 5 quart mixing bowl, and needed to divide the batter into two bowls to mix it without splashing it out of the bowl.
- 6Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2292.1
- Calories from Fat 1371
- Total Fat 152.3 g
- Saturated Fat 93.2 g
- Cholesterol 759.5 mg
- Sodium 930.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 175.6 g
- Protein 37.4 g