1 hr 15 mins
Get the rich tastes of brownie and cheesecake in a bar cookie. Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Cut these into small squares because they are very rich. It makes a great little dessert bite for a party buffet. From homecooking.about.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) package brownie mix (tested with Betty Crocker Triple Chunk)
- 2.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pureed strawberries, fresh (sugar is optional) or 3/4 cup frozen sweetened with 1 Tablespoon sugar (sugar is optional)
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13-inch pan with non-stick foil.
- 3Cream butter and cream cheese together (it will look a bit curdled). Add egg and mix until smooth. Combine creamed mixture with dry brownie mix, folding and pressing batter by hand until mixed. Mixture will be thick. Spread evenly in foil-lined pan and bake for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Cheesecake Layer:.
- 5Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir strawberry puree into batter.
- 6Spoon strawberry batter over pre-baked, cooled brownie bottom.
- 7Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate while preparing topping.
- 9Combine boiling water and both boxes of gelatin. Stir until no more sugar or gelatin granules are visible and liquid is clear. Cool to lukewarm temperature. Add strawberry chunks to the gelatin and mix well.
- 10Pour cooled strawberry gelatin mixture over top of cooled cheesecake and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until topping is firm. Cut into small bars before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 236.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g