Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious and creamy. If you are a strawberry lover, this cake is for you.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour (plain)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar strawberry jelly
- 2 cups strawberries
- Cream 1/3 margarine and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in one egg.
- Add 1 1/4 cups flour; mix well.
- Spread dough with spatula on bottom and 1 1/2 inches high around sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour into pastry lined pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees; continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim.
- Several hours before serving, melt jelly over low heat; cool slightly.
- Arrange strawberries on top of cake; spoon jelly over strawberries and chill.