Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This eye-appealing cake is a cheesecake with a difference. Cake mix forms and flavors the crust and the filling to give you a delicious and beautiful springtime dessert. Recipe from Duncan Hines.
Top Review by Cookinggina
This was really good! Being a HUGE cheesecake fan :), I must admit I was skeptical of adding cake mix, but it was delicious! We served it with a few sliced fresh strawberries and just dolloped the whipped topping over each serving. Definately a keeper! Thanks for posting! :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) duncan hines deluxe ii supreme strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fresh strawberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Be sure rack is in the middle. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Reserve 1 cup of dry cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix with 1 of the eggs and the oil in a large bowl (mixture will be crumbly). Press crust mixture evenly into bottom and three-quarters up the sides of prepared pan.
- In same bowl, with same beaters (no need to wash), blelnd cream cheese and sugar. Add remaining eggs and reserved cake mix; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- At low speed, slowly add milk, lemon juice and food coloring; mix until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is firm.
- When cool, spread with whipped cream; chill before serving. To serve, cut into squares and garnish each squaare with a whole, unstemmed strawberry.
- Store in refrigerator; freeze covered with foil.