Recipe by ClawDeeuH
Very good recipe....My 12 year old daughter said to send her a piece, since I have not made it in a while
Top Review by sbera007
I forgot to review this the first time I made it. This is really good. It was the second cheesecake I attempted and everyone raved about it. I love the lemony taste to cheesecake. It gives it a the flavor great depth. Only change I made was to add a tbs more butter to the crust. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 19 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Crust: stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Mix in butter thoroughly and press into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Filling: beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into shell.
- Bake 1 hour or until center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature and then spread with the strawberry glaze. Chill 3 hours.
- Glaze: blend sugar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan.
- Stir in water and strawberries.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute. Cool thoroughly before spreading over cheesecake.