Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very good recipe....My 12 year old daughter said to send her a piece, since I have not made it in a while
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 19 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Crust: stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Mix in butter thoroughly and press into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Filling: beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into shell.
- Bake 1 hour or until center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature and then spread with the strawberry glaze. Chill 3 hours.
- Glaze: blend sugar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan.
- Stir in water and strawberries.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute. Cool thoroughly before spreading over cheesecake.
I forgot to review this the first time I made it. This is really good. It was the second cheesecake I attempted and everyone raved about it. I love the lemony taste to cheesecake. It gives it a the flavor great depth. Only change I made was to add a tbs more butter to the crust. Thanks!
An excellent ending to our Christmas dinner. Strawberries seemed to be the theme, so I went with this "Happy Ending" dessert and it was great! Thanks!
This was my first attempt at cheesecake and it turned out fantastic! My family went strawberry picking so the the strawberries were so fresh and juicy. Unfortunately, there was a crack in my cheesecake but it was covered up by the glaze. Easy to follow instructions. I'll try using a hot water bath next time to avoid cracking.