Recipe by Manami
This was originally on mealsfor you.com. The yogurt has to be prepared the day before and drain for at least 8 hours.
- 4 cups low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a stariner or colander with cheesecloth and place over a deep bowl, so that there is 1" clearance between the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon yogurt in strainer.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight to allow yogurt to drain.
- Discard liquid in bowl.
- Combine dessert topping that, has been mixed with almond extract, vanilla and yogurt in a bowl.
- Fold together and set aside.
- Combine preserves, strawberries and Amaretto with their liquid in another bowl.
- Mash until smooth and set aside.
- Spread one third of the yogurt mixture in a deep glass bowl or soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle with half of cake cubes, then drizzle with half of the strawberry mixtures.
- Arrange some strawberry slices around the side of the bowl.
- Reserve 1/3 of yogurt mixture and spread remaining yogurt mixture into bowl.
- Sprinkle strawberry slices over yogurt mixture in bowl.
- Top with remaining cake cubes, then remaining preserves mixture.
- Spread remaining yogurt mixture over top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.