Recipe by bratty
We always had this at my grandparents on Christmas Eve. A coworker of mine, brought this into work a couple of years ago, and I got this recipe from her. It tastes just like I remember. It's just one of those recipes for me, that brings back memories of childhood. Plus I think it tastes pretty darn good. Cook time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I made this cheese ring for a ladies brunch. It looked lovely and very festive. I served it on a crystal round platter and wish I could post a picture. The only change I made was to use chopped green onion instead of regular onion. I shaped the ring in a ring mold and used the strawberry preserves like a glaze and drizzled on top. bratty_1, thanks for posting this recipe.
- 453.59 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingrdients except preserves in a food processor or electic mixer.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Scoop mixture onto a platter.
- Use your hands to mold mixture into a ring formation.
- Spread strawberry preserves in the center of ring.
- Serve with buttery crackers.