Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We always had this at my grandparents on Christmas Eve. A coworker of mine, brought this into work a couple of years ago, and I got this recipe from her. It tastes just like I remember. It's just one of those recipes for me, that brings back memories of childhood. Plus I think it tastes pretty darn good. Cook time includes refrigeration time.
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- Combine all the ingrdients except preserves in a food processor or electic mixer.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Scoop mixture onto a platter.
- Use your hands to mold mixture into a ring formation.
- Spread strawberry preserves in the center of ring.
- Serve with buttery crackers.
I made this cheese ring for a ladies brunch. It looked lovely and very festive. I served it on a crystal round platter and wish I could post a picture. The only change I made was to use chopped green onion instead of regular onion. I shaped the ring in a ring mold and used the strawberry preserves like a glaze and drizzled on top. bratty_1, thanks for posting this recipe.
I had a tupperware party tonight and served this with ritz crackers. It is soooooo good! Everyone loved it. I must have given the recipe to at least 20 people. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I made this for a strawberry themed luncheon I catered and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe! In order to make it into a ring, I lined a bundt cake pan with saran wrap and pressed the cream cheese mixture into it evenly and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. I inverted it on a platter and it turned out perfectly. I'll definitely be making this again. Thank you for posting!