Recipe by LAURIE
This is an interesting cheesecake with the addition of the cheddar combined with strawberries but its oh so yummy and easy to do. This is a traditional baked cheesecake and if strawberries are not in season it works just as well with strawberry or cherry pie filling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or use vanilla wafer crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange juice (or grated peel)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or grated peel)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or 1 21 oz can pie filling)
- light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crumbs with the butter.
- Press over the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat the cheeses and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add juice (or peels), flour and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Arrange whole berries on top and brush berrie with corn syrup, or swirl pie filling on top in a decorative pattern.
- Whip remaining cream and pipe a border on top of the fruit.
- Refrigerate until serving.