Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an interesting cheesecake with the addition of the cheddar combined with strawberries but its oh so yummy and easy to do. This is a traditional baked cheesecake and if strawberries are not in season it works just as well with strawberry or cherry pie filling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or use vanilla wafer crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange juice (or grated peel)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or grated peel)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or 1 21 oz can pie filling)
- light corn syrup
- Mix the crumbs with the butter.
- Press over the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat the cheeses and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add juice (or peels), flour and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Arrange whole berries on top and brush berrie with corn syrup, or swirl pie filling on top in a decorative pattern.
- Whip remaining cream and pipe a border on top of the fruit.
- Refrigerate until serving.