Rita P's Note:
Fresh strawberries, whipped cream and sponge cake, is there anything better? Makes a good presentation, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over the smooth side of each ladyfinger half.
- 2Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers, reserving remaining ladyfingers.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Soften gelatin in water; set aside.
- 5Combine pureed strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 6Bring to a boil; add softened gelatin, stirring until well blended.
- 7Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- 8Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- 9Gently fold whipped cream into chilled strawberry mixture.
- 10Alternate layers of strawberry mixture and lady fingers in prepared springform pan, beginning and ending with strawberry mixture.
- 11Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 12Remove sides of springform pan, and transfer charlotte to a chilled serving platter.
- 13Garnish with strawberry halves.
- 14Slice and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Charlotte
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g