Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cold dessert with strawberry cream and ladyfingers. It is rumoured that this recipe was created by a french chef in the United States but there is another story telling that it was made by another famous french chef in Paris!
- Keep aside 3 oz of strawberries to decorate the cake at the end of the recipe. Make a strawberrry purée using a blender. Chill the purée.
- Mix sugar and egg yolks and beat them until pale yellow. Chill the mixture.
- Beat the cream.
- Line the sides of a cylindrical mold with ladyfingers.
- Fold the chilled strawberry purée into the chilled mixture, then into the cream. Put in the mold. Add lady fingers over the cream.
- Cover with wraxed paper and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Reverse dessert into a serving dish. Decorate with fresh strawberries.