Recipe by Danny Beason
Chef John Fleer, Blackberry Farm
Top Review by lortle
Made this for guests yesterday, it was great! I've never had chilled soup before, but this was the hottest weekend we had all summer and using the oven or eating hot things was out. I wouldn't make any changes except maybe a bit less sugar next time. Everybody loved it, I gave out the recipe too, thanks for posting!
- 10 ounces champagne
- 2 pints strawberries, washed,cleaned of stems,and halved
- 4 ounces water
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, salt, honey and green peppercorns to a simmer.
- Let stand for one hour.
- Strain mixture through a fine-meshed strainer and pour over the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries in a blender.
- Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and champagne.
- Serve chilled.