Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
Chef John Fleer, Blackberry Farm
- 10 ounces champagne
- 2 pints strawberries, washed,cleaned of stems,and halved
- 4 ounces water
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring water, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, salt, honey and green peppercorns to a simmer.
- Let stand for one hour.
- Strain mixture through a fine-meshed strainer and pour over the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries in a blender.
- Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and champagne.
- Serve chilled.
Made this for guests yesterday, it was great! I've never had chilled soup before, but this was the hottest weekend we had all summer and using the oven or eating hot things was out. I wouldn't make any changes except maybe a bit less sugar next time. Everybody loved it, I gave out the recipe too, thanks for posting!