- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup creme de cassis
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash 1 cup berries and simmer in water about 5 minutes.
- Stir together cassis, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add to cooked berries and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and clear, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange whole berries in pie crust and spoon glaze all over (Strain out crushed berries if you'd like).
- Chill at least 4 to 5 hours before serving.
- Whip cream and sweeten to taste.
- Garnish top of pie, if desired.