Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A friend found this on the internet sounded so good I had to copy it down. Use this Strawberry cream cheese glaze Strawberry Cream Cheese Glaze to glaze the cake.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, low fat plain
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped
- 1 strawberry cream cheese frosting (recipe #to follow)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Beat all ingredients except strawberries in a large bowl on low speed for 45 seconds, scraping bowl, constantly.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping occasionally.
- Fold in strawberries; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare Strawberry cream cheese glaze recipe#to follow, spoon onto cake.
- Refrigerate any remaining cake.
This cake is exceptionally light and moist. I made it in individual bundt pans and it only cooked for less than 10 minutes. It was so good that DH ate the last one (he usually saves everything for me to eat the last one).
darlene had this recipe from gold medal flour glad you posted it lol