Recipe by PaulaG
This is a delicious cake to serve anytime. The recipe was printed in a grocery store handout.
Top Review by KitchieWitchyGoo
This is an amazing cake that is so tender and moist and delicious that it's hard to say no to the second piece! We ate the whole cake in one sitting at my house, so you know it's THAT good!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups alls-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mashed strawberry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and flour a 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, soda and salt.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together the oil, yogurt, water and eggs.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed 1 minute or until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in shredded carrots, pecans and strawberries; pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan, allow to cool completely, then spoon glaze over cake.
- For the glaze, beat together the cream cheese, strawberries and vanilla; gradually beat in the 3/4 cup powdered sugar until blended.