Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandfather loved fishing and used to make a fish bait called Doughballs that was similar to this recipe, but not strawberry. I found this recipe online and it brought back lots of wonderful fishing memories!
- Make a dry mixture of flour and corn meal.
- Bring water to a simmer and then add vanilla, sugar and strawberry gelatin, while stirring.
- Keep stirring and sprinkle on enough dry mixture to cover the surface of the liquid.
- Once the hot water breaks through the dry ingredients, cover the break with the dry mixture.
- Continue in this manner until dry mix is gone and then continue stirring for two minutes.
- Cool and remove from the pan; roll into a ball, wrap tightly and then store in the refrigerator.
- TO USE: Roll up a ball the size of a large english pea onto a #6, #4 or #2 fishing hook; when fishing line moves, wait until line tightens before setting the hook.