My grandfather loved fishing and used to make a fish bait called Doughballs that was similar to this recipe, but not strawberry. I found this recipe online and it brought back lots of wonderful fishing memories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a dry mixture of flour and corn meal.
- 2Bring water to a simmer and then add vanilla, sugar and strawberry gelatin, while stirring.
- 3Keep stirring and sprinkle on enough dry mixture to cover the surface of the liquid.
- 4Once the hot water breaks through the dry ingredients, cover the break with the dry mixture.
- 5Continue in this manner until dry mix is gone and then continue stirring for two minutes.
- 6Cool and remove from the pan; roll into a ball, wrap tightly and then store in the refrigerator.
- 7TO USE: Roll up a ball the size of a large english pea onto a #6, #4 or #2 fishing hook; when fishing line moves, wait until line tightens before setting the hook.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Carp Bait
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g