Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a restaurant in Ixtapa, Mexico.
- 2 cups ripe cantaloupe, cubed 1 inch
- 1 cup ripe strawberry, sliced thin
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ice (garnish)
- In a blender, combine the fruit, milk, honey and lime juice. Blend, first on low then on a higher speed. Stop once or twice to scrap the sides down with a rubber spatula. Be sure the honey is incorporated.
- The liquado can be served immediately but it would be better if it was covered and chilled for about 2 hours.
- To serve, fill tall glasses about 3/4 full of ice. Pour liquado over the ice and serve immediately.