Recipe by looneytunesfan
The sugar cones replace the usual pastry shells, which can be hard to make or find in stores.
- 1 pint strawberry, rinsed, hulled and halved
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, to taste
- 12 sugar ice cream cones
- miniature chocolate chip
- sliced strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- At least 1 day before serving, proceed through Step 3. Line a colander and a medium-size strainer with a sturdy paper towel; set each in a bowl.
- Pulse strawberries and granulated sugar in food processor until coarsely chopped. Scrape into colander, top with a paper towel and refrigerate overnight to drain well (this is important). Clean processor.
- Put ricotta, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in processor; pulse until smooth. Transfer to strainer, cover with a paper towel and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving: Prop cones upright in tall glasses partially filled with granulated sugar to support cones. Fold drained berries and 1/4 teaspoons almond extract into ricotta mixture. Spoon into a gallon-size ziptop bag. Cut 1/2 inches off a corner; pipe filling into cones and garnish.