Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake is very popular with the younger crowd. My grandaughter especially likes this one.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (1 lb) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Combine cake mix, jello, and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Add oil, water, and 1/2 the strawberries.
- Beat on med for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased 12x9 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Frosting: Combine powdered sugar, butter and remaining strawberries.
- Mix well.
- Spread on cooled cake.
I perked up when I first read this neat recipe. Since my husband and I are muffin people, I was inspired by this recipe to make strawberry muffins through a modified version of this recipe. I had to do some adjusting: I hadn't white cake mix so I used a simple white cake recipe (following all the mixing and ingredient listed) and nixed the eggs, oil and water suggested by the Inez's recipe, but added to the white cake recipe the strawberry jell-o & thawed strawberries to the mix. I followed Inez's baking temp. and time. It yielded 12 muffins. I topped them off with the frosting. They tasted good. I can understand why kids would like them, with the fun pink colour.
This was great! I'll be making this often. Thanks for the recipe!
I had this recipe years ago and lost it, so I was delighted to find it here. Strawberry cake is a favorite of my family, so I made this for my son's birthday. It was moist and delicious, loaded with strawberry flavor. It refrigerates well, and keeps for several days.