Recipe by BamaBelle30
This recipe was a winner (C. Green) in a local cookbook contest. I can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving. I have a huge family and this makes a ton! (Prep time includes the 8 hours needed for refrigeration)
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- oil (per cake mix directions)
- water (per cake mix directions)
- egg (per cake mix directions)
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed (the sweetened ones)
- 1 (16 ounce) package strawberry glaze
- 32 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour sides and bottom of a 16 1/2 x 13 1/2 x 3 1/4 turkey roasting pan.
- Follow cake mix directions, baking the cake for 32-35 minutes or until done. Remove cake from oven and while cake is still hot, poke holes in it, using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare pudding mix as directed on box; add sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing for 2 minutes. Pour pudding mixture over cake and into the holes.
- In a separate bowl, mix strawberries and pie glaze together. Pour over top of cake. Spoon Cool Whip over the entire cake. Top with walnuts.
- Cover cake with foil (or with the cover that came with pan) and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.