This cake is very sweet and perfectly pink. I made it for my son's first birthday and it was a hit. Pairs great with Cool Whip Cream Frosting #127605. I found this on allrecipes.com, but this website is much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degreees F. Greese and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and dry strawberry jello until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each is added.
- 4Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 5Bake for 25-40 minutes in the oven until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans on a cooling rack at least 10 minutes before tapping out to cool completely.
- 6Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cake from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 214.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g