Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is very sweet and perfectly pink. I made it for my son's first birthday and it was a hit. Pairs great with Cool Whip Cream Frosting #127605. I found this on allrecipes.com, but this website is much better.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees F. Greese and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and dry strawberry jello until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each is added.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes in the oven until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans on a cooling rack at least 10 minutes before tapping out to cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.