Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The perfect pink sweet little treats for a girls birthday party, a baby shower, or a romantic celebration! Made easy with a prepared pink cake mix and a tub of cream cheese frosting (or you can make your own). Yum! Adapted from How Sweet It Is.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageduncan hines strawberry cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream cheese frosting (homemade or 1 can of prepared)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries (or freeze-dried strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (optional, or strawberry jam)
- 6 ounces high quality white chocolate, melted
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed. I often use a 9 x 13 cake pan as I find this is easiest.
- Once cake has cooled, scoop it out of the cake pan and into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Stir together the strawberries and kirsch or jam (if using).
- Add the frosting and the strawberries mixture to the crumbled cake; mix on low to medium speed until a pink dough forms. This can also be done by hand, but may not be mixed as well and will take longer.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Roll into @ 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper laying on a sheet pan. Freeze the balls for at least 1 hour.
- Right before removing cake balls from freezer, melt chocolate (if in the microwave, melt in 30 second increments until melted completely).
- Using a fork, dip balls in chocolate and gently flip it around, just until coated. Lift it out with the fork, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off. Decorate as desired, refrigerating immediately after for at least a few minutes.
- We like these best chilled, but they can also be kept at room temperature.