Recipe by TGirl,RN
Any strawberry lovers out there?
Top Review by Soaring Gull
Thank you for posting a from-scratch cake! I think it's the only one here. This didn't rise very well for me, but it was very good and loaded with flavor. I didn't use the icing, since I wanted to make a chocolate covered strawberry cake for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I topped it with a ganache recipe I found here as well, and it was really good.
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup strawberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease/flour two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add oil, sugar, gelatin, and buttermilk.
- Blend well, then add dry ingredients.
- Drain 1/2 C juice from thawed strawberries and set aside.
- Fold berries into cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- ICING: Combine margarine, sugar, and just enough strawberry juice to reach desired consistency.
- Beat until creamy and frost cake.