Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy strawberry cake with real strawberries. It's a family favorite passed down from my Grandmother.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs (unbeaten)
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces strawberries
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat for 3 minutes (strawberries may be added last ½ minute).
- Place batter in a 9X13 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Mix the icing ingredients and beat well.
- Spread on cake.
This just wasn't for us. The cake turned out fine but wasn't our taste.
This recipe is a keeper! Cream cheese icing was to die for! Family loved it!
Wish there was more stars to use. I loved it. I smelled so good. I made it for a class and topped it coconut buttercream frosting. I have had 3 requests for this cake. 1 for a birthday and 2 for the recipe. I love this site. Thanks