This cake is simple to prepare, and tastes delicious with frozen strawberries. You can use a boxed cake mix, or make your favorite white cake recipe from scratch.
- Prepare cake as directed in 13x9 pan, from a mix or using your favorite white sheet cake recipe.
- When cake is hot from oven, poke holes all over with a skewer and pour strawberries over hot cake.
- Prepare icing (rest of ingredients) according to the following directions: In a small saucepan, pour small amount of milk in flour and mix till smooth.
- Add rest of milk and cook till thick, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, butter, and vanilla till creamy.
- Make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Add to cooked flour mixture, blend well.
- Pour over cake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, serve chilled with whipped cream.