Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Such a delicious summer dessert - YUMM-O!! As Rachel Ray would say!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (85 g) package Jello gelatin, strawberry jell-o powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup mashed strawberry, divided
- 1 (250 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and jelly powder in large bowl. Add eggs, oil, water, adn 3/4 cup berries with mixer until well blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Meanwhile, drain remaining berries.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar. Add drained berries. Mix well. Whisk in cool whip.
- Stack cake layers on plate spreading 1 cup cool whip between layers. Frost top and sides with remaining cool whip mixture. Keet refrigerated.