Recipe by LizCl
Beautiful to look at and delicious. A great birthday cake. I made it for my granddaughter's second birthday and I used a whipped cream icing and it was a hit. I've made this cake with the strawberry icing in the recipe and it was great too.
Top Review by BamaBelle30
I made this cake for my grandmother's birthday. She was kind enough to let me sample a piece :-) and it was great!! I made it in 2 9-inch round cake pans, so I had to double the icing. Thanks for a keeper!!
- 18 1⁄2 ounces white cake mix
- 3 ounces pkge. strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 5 ounces pkge. mashed frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mashed strawberry, drained
- 1 lb powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, flour and gelatin. Add oil. Beat in eggs. Add water and strawberries. Mix well. Bake in a greased and floured pan 13 inch x 9 inch for 35 to 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Can also be baked in 2 9 inch greased and floured layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-33 minutes.
- I used a whipped cream icing with the layer cake.
- Mix together frosting ingredients.
- If too thick, keep adding strawberries until it is the right consistency.