Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake has a nice strawberry taste. My daughter used to want this cake for her birthday.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Combine the cake mix, flour and jello.
- Add water, eggs, and 1/2 cup strawberries; beat until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Combine icing ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Cool the cake before icing.
- To make icing combine margarine, 1/2 cup strawberries, powdered sugar, and almond flavoring.
- Beat in mixer until well blended and then ice cake.
This is almost like my recipe. Mine calls for a 10-oz pkg of frozen strawberries (half in the batter and half in the frosting), and didn't call for almond extract. I made it for my FIL's birthday party and everyone except my 7-year-old liked it. It was moist, but QUITE sweet.
EXECELLANT recipe!!!! I abosutley LOVED it! This is the BEST cake recipe I have found in a long time. I had this for my birthday and it was a HUGE HIT!!!!!
WOW !! You REALLY need a sweet tooth for this ! I made the recipe as is, with Betty Crocker French vanilla cake mix. It was a great consistancy, but I tasted the batter before baking, and KNEW I was off the edge for a 44 year-old's birthday cake ! Butter cream icing was also going to be extremely sweet, so I added about 1/2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice to try to cut it down. The 12 year olds LOVED it -- the adults appreciated my efforts, but I don't think I will make this recipe again. Fresh strawberries are in high season here, so decorated the top with spray whipped cream and halved strawberries.