Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best strawberry cake. It taste like the one they served at my elementary school. I like to keep this in the refigerator and eat it cold. This orginally called for 1 cup of oil, but I find it turns out just as good with 1/2 cup.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed and divided in half
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons sifted flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagedry strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- reserved strawberry
- Prehaet oven to 350*.
- Mix cake mix, flour and Jello until well blended.
- Add in water, eggs and oil on low speed until well blended.
- Mix in half the strawberries.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans.
- (I like to use a 9 X 13, but you can use any size pans you want).
- Bake for 30 minutes or untill a tooth pick comes out clean.
- For the frosting, blend together sugar and margarine.
- Add in strawberries, Cream well.
- Frost the cooled cake.
My mom made this for me for my birthday as a child. This was my absolute favorite! :-) We never put in the extra flour in the cake and always made it two layer 9"... super yummy!
Thanks for sharing this delicious cake! I followed your recipe exactly, except I used fresh strawberries, and it turned out great! I'm going to make this until my strawberries are gone!