Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The strawberry recipe swap has gotten me thinking STRAWBERRIES!!! We wanted pancakes this morning and these are what we had. We liked them with warmed puree on top and whipping cream. DD#3 was moaning she ate so many!
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (for batter)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberry (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (for frying)
- Beat eggs.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda and melted butter.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Use griddle large frying pan or preheat electric skillet to 350ºF.
- Lightly, brush surface with butter.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake into skillet.
- Cool until bubbles form on the surface and edges are dry.
- Turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until done.
- Serve with syrup or strawberry puree as desired.
These were so good! We went strawberry picking yesterday and ended up with more strawberries than we knew what to do with. So we made these pancakes and some strawberry puree. I don't eat pancakes that often because I have to make them from scratch here, but this one was worth it!
I used freeze dried strawberries and 1 teaspoon vanilla,and they tasted wonderful.
So delicious! I cut the recipe in half. I used whole wheat pastry flour, added 1/4 cup Splenda & used applesauce for the butter (I assumed the 1/4 cup butter measurement was meant for the batter & it worked fine; the 1/2 cup butter at the bottom confused me). I also used 1 cup frozen strawberries, chopped & the flavor was great. I rarely have fresh berries on hand but frozen ones are always around because they last longer! FYI-I tried reheating some pancakes for breakfast this morning & apparently these didn't reheat very well-the flavor had dulled. I'd suggest eating them warm & fresh off the griddle or topping with some fresh strawberries or strawberry syrup for flavor. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.