Prep 0 mins
Cook 19 mins
Recipe by dianatakesabite.blogspot.com
Make and share this Strawberry Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Combine oatmeal and buttermilk in mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove oatmeal/buttermilk mixture from refrigerator, and line a standard muffin tin with aluminum muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in separate bowl. Whisk together until light in texture.
- Add egg to the oatmeal and buttermilk mixture and whip together until batter develops some volume. Stir in the vanilla, oil and sugar. Add the flour mixture, and fold in until just incorporated. Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins. Top with a sprinkle of oatmeal and bake in the oven for approximately 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow them to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Very tasty muffin. The texture was a little soft, more like a moist cake than a muffin, but the taste was delicious!I really liked the oatmeal baked on top. It added a nice crunch. Between me, DH and DD, all 12 are gone!