Recipe by annh53182
Recipe by dianatakesabite.blogspot.com
Top Review by Joy R.
Mine turned out very bitter. Was the 1 Tablespoon baking powder a misprint? Should it read 1 teaspoon? The texture was good and it potentially is a great muffin, but made according to these directions they taste bitter like baking powder. (I did use baking powder and not baking soda)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal, to sprinkle over the top
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oatmeal and buttermilk in mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove oatmeal/buttermilk mixture from refrigerator, and line a standard muffin tin with aluminum muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in separate bowl. Whisk together until light in texture.
- Add egg to the oatmeal and buttermilk mixture and whip together until batter develops some volume. Stir in the vanilla, oil and sugar. Add the flour mixture, and fold in until just incorporated. Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins. Top with a sprinkle of oatmeal and bake in the oven for approximately 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow them to cool 10 minutes before serving.