Recipe by KLHquilts
Got this one from Peggy Fallon's "The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever." I had a bunch of aging strawberries, and half a quart of buttermilk to use up ... and this worked perfectly. It is a lovely, light ice cream, but the texture made it seem like it had a lot more fat in it than it really does. And the color is spectacular -- a wonderful bubblegum pink!
- 946.38 ml strawberries, as ripe as possible
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.18 ml low-fat buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (This will go more easily if you chop the strawberries first).
- Combine strawberry puree and buttermilk and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate at least four hours, or overnight if possible.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.