Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great topped with lemon cream - and just as good with other berries Source: Relish Mag
Make and share this Strawberry Buttermilk Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups small strawberries, plus more for topping (use the smallest strawberries you can find in this cake, or cut larger ones into halves)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Greased and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. At low speed, add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, until just blended. Spoon batter prepared pan. Top with strawberries and sprinkle with extra turbinado sugar.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a pick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool. Release sides of pan. Remove cake and place on a serving plate. Garnish with additional strawberries, if using.