Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A pretty pale pink sweet icing that is not overly saturated with strawberry power.
- 16 ounces fresh frozen sliced strawberries with sugar, Puree and reserve 1 Cup
- 1 cup softned salted butter (2 Sticks)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- Mix on med high the stawberry puree, butter, milk, vanilla and 4 cups of powdered sugar for 8-10 minutes (yes, that long! Trust me you will know it if you don't). I use a KitchedAid, it makes it so much easier.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until thoroughly mixed.
I'm not giving stars because I may have screwed up. I halved the recipe as I only had cupcakes to frost. I'm not sure if halving the recipe didn't affect the consistency; it just didn't set up and I DID beat it in the KitchenAid for 10 minutes as the directions call for. Tasty, indeed, but wasn't firm enough. I hesitated to keep adding powdered sugar because I don't care for the taste of "over" powdered sugar'ed frostings. But I guess I should have. Thanks for posting. I'll have to try it again.